From Le Cèdre, you are very well placed to visit many of the castles that make the region and Touraine so prestigious. We of course recommend:
– the castle of Azay-le-Rideau and the castle of L’Islette, jewels of the Renaissance, 25 minutes west of Saint Branchs, 30 minutes east of Saint Branchs.
-the castle of Amboise, Royal castle steeped in history, 30 minutes east of Saint Branchs.
-the manor of Clos-Lucé in Amboise, house and museum of Leonardo da Vinci.
-the Château Gaillard in Amboise, precursor of Renaissance gardens and orangeries.
– the castle of Chenonceaux, nicknamed the castle of the ladies, the most visited private monument in France, 30 minutes east of Saint Branchs.
– the Château de Villandry, with its remarkable park and gardens, 30 minutes to the northwest.
– the castle of Langeais, very well preserved and little modified, 30 minutes to the west.
– the town of Loches and its castle overlooking the Indre, 20 minutes to the south.
– the keep of Montbazon, known as the fortress of the Black Falcon, 13 minutes to the north.