- Work home insulation : lining walls and roof, double glazing for door frames
- Heating : replacing the old boiler with a condensing gas boiler; installing 2 pellet stoves and an insert for heating with wood the living rooms of the ground floor
- Electricity : replacing light bulbs with energy-saving bulbs
- Composting of all organic waste (to make compost)
- Clean sheets and towels : Use the expertise of Elis and his collection Bio'fair, using cotton products from fair trade and organic cleaning products. (https://fr.elis.com/fr/gamme/collection-bios-fair)
- Clean rooms and bathrooms : selection and use of organic products Hakawerk, manufactured exclusively from plants
- Host tables : we focus on quality local products (vegetables, meat, cheese, wines, …)
- Cedar House and is also a haven for birds, in partnership with LPO ( http://www.lpotouraine.fr/)
Le printemps est arrivée en Touraine depuis le week-end de Pâques!
La piscine couverte est ouverte, l’eau est à 27°C, les oiseaux chantent dans le parc…
Savourez les beaux jours et la douceur de l’eau!
We are all increasingly aware and sensitive to the impact of our daily actions and our activities on our environment. And that's fine!
Cedar House and also the concern to minimize its environmental footprint and to be respectful of our privileged environment in Touraine.
Here are our actions in this direction:
Cedar and Charm, Saint Branchs, Indre-et-Loire
Near Tours and the A10, a major route to the Dordogne
Expect lively, intelligent conversation, good food and music in elegant surroundings at Cèdre et Charme. Owners Anne and Armand love sharing their fine 19th-century townhouse and big bosky garden with their guests, and helping them discover the riches of the surrounding area. Bright, stylish bedrooms, with excellent bedding and bathrooms, are a blend of period and modern. The table, outdoors or in, is beautifully dressed for friendly meals. Children can eat separately and romp safely; there’s an enticing, enclosed pool to look forward to after a long journey.
• Doubles from €120 B&B
Enjoy the autumn and Thanksgiving holiday to relax in softness and colors of Touraine and the Loire Valley.
As you walk between its local capital, you can stop and visit the wonders of medieval architecture and Renaissance: Tours and its old center to wander, faire du shopping, or talk on the terraces of Place Plumereau; Grouper for its fortress and its old roofs; The royal city of Chinon to visit the castle, then a cellar. Enjoying every step of the gastronomic specialties markets or traditional restaurants ( wines, rillons, rillettes, Sainte-Maure-de-Touraine,, mushrooms, pie pickers, …).
Savor the moment!
Not far from Saint Branchs, easily accessible, we advise the following family excursions:
– Visit Zoo Park Beauval (but 48 minutes, is full, par A85)
– Go and discover the Futuroscope near Poitiers (but 55 minutes, south, par A10)