- Home insulation work : lining walls and roof, double glazing for door frames.
- Heating : replacing the old boiler with a condensing gas boiler; installing 2 pellet stoves and an insert for heating with wood the living rooms of the ground floor.
- Electricity : replacing light bulbs with energy-saving bulbs. Using peak. Providing an outlet under the covered parking for electric vehicles.
- Composting our organic waste for compost.
- Clean sheets and towels : Use the expertise of Elis and its' collection Bio'fair, using cotton products from fair trade and organic cleaning products. (https://fr.elis.com/fr/gamme/collection-bios-fair).
- Clean rooms and bathrooms : selection and use of organic products from Hakawerk, manufactured exclusively from plants.
- Host tables : we focus on quality local products (vegetables, meat, cheese, wines, …).
- Cedre et Charme and is also a safe haven for birds, in partnership with LPO ( http://www.lpotouraine.fr/).
Voici une animation vidéo pour vous présenter le gîte Cèdre et Charme en une minute : beaucoup mieux qu’un grand discours 😉
Voici une animation vidéo pour vous présenter notre maison d’hôtes Cèdre et Charme en une minute : mieux qu’un grand discours 😉
Don't miss out on the FIFA World Cup 2018, Cedre & Charme offers a large screen TV in the lounge rooms!
The calendar and the results are here :
Spring has arrived in Touraine since the Easter weekend!
The indoor pool is open, the water is at 27 ° C, the birds are singing in the park…
Enjoy the sunny days and gentle water!
We are all increasingly aware and sensitive to the impact of our daily actions and our activities on our environment. And that's very good!
Cedre et Charme has the concern to minimize its environmental footprint and to be respectful of our privileged environment in Touraine.
Here are the steps we take to be more eco friendly:
Cedar and Charm, Saint Branchs, Indre-et-Loire
Near Tours and the A10, a major route to the Dordogne
Expect lively, intelligent conversation, good food and music in elegant surroundings at Cèdre et Charme. Owners Anne and Armand love sharing their fine 19th-century townhouse and big bosky garden with their guests, and helping them discover the riches of the surrounding area. Bright, stylish bedrooms, with excellent bedding and bathrooms, are a blend of period and modern. The table, outdoors or in, is beautifully dressed for friendly meals. Children can eat separately and romp safely; there’s an enticing, enclosed pool to look forward to after a long journey.
• Doubles from €120 B&B
Enjoy the autumn and Thanksgiving holiday to relax in softness and colors of Touraine and the Loire Valley.
As you walk between its local capital, you can stop and visit the wonders of medieval architecture and Renaissance: Tours and its old center to wander, faire du shopping, or talk on the terraces of Place Plumereau; Grouper for its fortress and its old roofs; The royal city of Chinon to visit the castle, then a cellar. Enjoying every step of the gastronomic specialties markets or traditional restaurants ( wines, rillons, rillettes, Sainte-Maure-de-Touraine,, mushrooms, pie pickers, …).
Savor the moment!
Not far from Saint Branchs, easily accessible, we advise the following family excursions:
– Visit Zoo Park Beauval (with 48 minutes, is full, par A85)
– Go and discover the Futuroscope near Poitiers (with 55 minutes, south, par A10)