We are all increasingly aware and sensitive to the impact of our daily actions and our activities on our environment. And that's fine!
Cedar House and also the concern to minimize its environmental footprint and to be respectful of our privileged environment in Touraine.
Here are our actions in this direction:
- Work home insulation : lining walls and roof, double glazing for door frames.
- Heating : replacing the old boiler with a condensing gas boiler; installing 2 pellet stoves and an insert for heating with wood the living rooms of the ground floor.
- Electricity : replacing light bulbs with energy-saving bulbs. Using peak. Providing an outlet under the covered parking for electric vehicles.
- Composting our organic waste for compost.
- Clean sheets and towels : Use the expertise of Elis and his collection Bio'fair, using cotton products from fair trade and organic cleaning products. (https://fr.elis.com/fr/gamme/collection-bios-fair).
- Clean rooms and bathrooms : selection and use of organic products Hakawerk, manufactured exclusively from plants.
- Host tables : we focus on quality local products (vegetables, meat, cheese, wines, …).
- Cedar House and is also a haven for birds, in partnership with LPO ( http://www.lpotouraine.fr/).