From Le Cèdre (The Cedar), you are very well placed to visit many castles which are the prestige of this region and of Touraine. We recommend to you specially:
– the castle of Azay-le-Rideau and the castle of L’Islette, jewels of the Renaissance, with 25 minutes west of Saint Branchs, with 30 minutes east of Saint Branchs.
-Amboise castle, Royal castle steeped in history, with 30 minutes east of Saint Branchs.
-the Clos-Lucé manor in Amboise house and museum of Leonardo da Vinci.
-Château Gaillard in Amboise, precursor of Renaissance gardens and orangeries.
– Chenonceaux castle, also known as the castle of Ladies, the most visited French private monument, with 30 minutes east of Saint Branchs.
– Villandry Castle, with its park and gardens outstanding, with 30 minutes northwest.
– Langeais Castle, very well preserved and little changed, with 30 minutes west.
– the town of Loches and its castle overlooking the Indre, with 20 minutes south.
– Montbazon dungeon, fortress called Black Hawk, with 13 minutes north.