- Home insulation work : lining walls and roof, double glazing for door frames.
- Heating : replacing the old boiler with a condensing gas boiler; installing 2 pellet stoves and an insert for heating with wood the living rooms of the ground floor. Installation de pompes à chaleur pour le chauffage des deux piscines et de leurs espaces.
- Electricity : replacing light bulbs with energy-saving bulbs. Using peak. Providing an outlet under the covered parking for electric vehicles.
- Clean sheets and towels : Use the expertise of Elis and its' collection Bio'fair, using cotton products from fair trade and organic cleaning products. (https://fr.elis.com/fr/gamme/collection-bios-fair).
- Clean rooms and bathrooms : selection and use of organic products from Hakawerk, manufactured exclusively from plants.
- Host tables : we focus on quality local products (vegetables, meat, cheese, wines, …). Toutes nos confitures sont des confiture maison, et une bonne part faites avec les fruits du jardin (mirabelle, reine-claude, groseille, poire, gelée de coing)
- Composting our organic waste for compost.
- Zéro utilisation de pesticide ou d’herbicide: maintenance friendly garden, hand or to the appropriate tools. targeted mechanical or biological destruction of invasive insects such as Asian hornets, armyworms pine borers or boxwood.
- Two hives are installed Edge of the Park: Bees are very useful for the pollination of plants and an excellent barometer of the health of our environment. And to our delight, they produce honey!
- Cedre et Charme and is also a safe haven for birds, in partnership with LPO ( http://www.lpotouraine.fr/).
Voici une animation vidéo pour vous présenter notre maison d’hôtes Cèdre et Charme en une minute : mieux qu’un grand discours 😉
The month of Febuary reminds us that it is winter, en blanchissant tous nos paysage 😉
It is rare for snow to stay in Touraine, and we have to enjoy these precious moments, and look closely.
The snow twinkles under the sun that scarcely shows itself:
White snow under a blue sky, everything to make us smile:
Snow makes the world look wonderful!
We are all increasingly aware and sensitive to the impact of our daily actions and our activities on our environment. And that's very good!
Cedre et Charme has the concern to minimize its environmental footprint and to be respectful of our privileged environment in Touraine.
Here are the steps we take to be more eco friendly:
Autumn is a pleasure for fruits : pears, apples, nuts, chestnuts, mushrooms and also…. quinces.
In autumn, beneath our large trees, wild cyclamen are a real carpet of flowers, white and purple, in harmonious blend.
The flowers are delicate and aerial. It makes you want to lie in it…
Here comes Spring ! The Cedre et Charme pool (covered and heated to 27 ° C) is open starting the 1st of April!
Calling all fish and those who like to swim or wade!
The pool has a view on the park… which gives a feeling of freedom and total relaxation!
Savor the softness of Touraine!
The pool is open : water is at temperature, the very mild weather and the birds sing!
Cedar House and waiting for you to savor the moment!
The good weather allowed our pool work to make good progress : the basin is already dug, masonry, finished! It measures 4.5m x 11m.
There are still some finishing: the filter and the heater plug, impoundment and high cover (large veranda with sliding panels) to add to the top, the grass around rehabilitate… And you can enjoy the indoor heated pool (or open!) before or after your activities in Touraine! For suspense, we will wait it is full of water before sending you pictures…
According to relaxation and pleasure, year 2015 looks very good! Official opening of the first week of April 2015! With the promise of an opening from April to October each year (at least , in March and November according to weather)
The park is inhabited or occupied by many people who love our small wooded area and large trees where they can hide.
One can in particular see it and hear many birds like chickadees, robins, wagtails, redstarts, goldfinches, bouvreuils, woodpeckers, magpies, jays, blackbirds, wood pigeons…
Le Cèdre will open early May 2014 ! Be the first to discover this special place, excellent base for exploring the Touraine soft, the castles of the Loire and its famous sites!
Cedar and Charme is open all year : All guests are welcome whether for a leisure trip or business tourism